Sunday, March 9, 2008

More progress on the stand

Quite a bit of work on the stand this weekend. I finished attaching the trim, countersunk the nails, puttied them in, sanded the entire thing and stained it.





This tank previously had a painted background. I have been thinking of removing it, but the move made the decision for me:



Luckily, Krylon Fuzion comes off of glass well. It requires some time and effort, but comes off clean and scratch free. The tank actually managed to be moved 4300 miles across the country in a U-Haul without receiving a scratch or crack.



I also started putting together the fixtures to hang the light. I am using ridged electrical conduit for the task.





It is a really nice solution, just add some eye hooks and black spraypaint for an elegant fixture.



No comments: